Harry Pratt
06-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Harry Pratt
Many thanks to Tom Emery for sharing his article on Harry Pratt with the forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Harry Pratt
That's a great article. This article makes me think about the "Lincoln, or Lincoln Assassination" people I have met along the way and how they all have enriched not only my knowledge and understanding of the subject, but in many cases, life and relationships as a whole. It has always been important to me to be able to pass along information and the odd "tidbit".

So from here, thank you Rich, Laurie, Dave, Betty, Ed, Roger(s),Barry, John(s), Joe(s), Sandra, obviously Mr. Hall, and the list goes on and on. There is no intent to leave anyone out, just limited space. For many of us, the influence is either directly or indirectly linked to someone like Harry Pratt.

enough rambling.
06-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Thank YOU, Jim....you are more than kind! You yourself are a wonderful researcher!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
06-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Over the past 11 months I've used Harry Pratt's The Personal Finances of Abraham Lincoln for several trivia questions. It has lots of little details about the Lincolns' income, finances, spending habits, etc. that are difficult to find anywhere else.
06-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Great write-up! It reminded me that so are so many people with Lincoln connections buried at Oak Ridge that visitors are not aware of.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 03:47 PM
The letters that I reference in the article were courtesy of Rob Wick, who generously sent me photocopies of correspondence between Dr. Pratt, Carl Sandburg, and James Randall. Thanks for your help, Rob.
06-11-2013, 06:41 PM
(06-11-2013 03:47 PM)Tom Emery Wrote:  The letters that I reference in the article were courtesy of Rob Wick, who generously sent me photocopies of correspondence between Dr. Pratt, Carl Sandburg, and James Randall. Thanks for your help, Rob.

Glad I could be of service, Tom. Excellent article!

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg