Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Harry Pratt - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Harry Pratt (/thread-984.html)

Harry Pratt - RJNorton - 06-10-2013 04:34 PM

Many thanks to Tom Emery for sharing his article on Harry Pratt with the forum.

RE: Harry Pratt - Jim Garrett - 06-10-2013 05:12 PM

That's a great article. This article makes me think about the "Lincoln, or Lincoln Assassination" people I have met along the way and how they all have enriched not only my knowledge and understanding of the subject, but in many cases, life and relationships as a whole. It has always been important to me to be able to pass along information and the odd "tidbit".

So from here, thank you Rich, Laurie, Dave, Betty, Ed, Roger(s),Barry, John(s), Joe(s), Sandra, obviously Mr. Hall, and the list goes on and on. There is no intent to leave anyone out, just limited space. For many of us, the influence is either directly or indirectly linked to someone like Harry Pratt.

enough rambling.

RE: Harry Pratt - BettyO - 06-10-2013 07:04 PM

Thank YOU, Jim....you are more than kind! You yourself are a wonderful researcher!

RE: Harry Pratt - RJNorton - 06-11-2013 05:31 AM

Over the past 11 months I've used Harry Pratt's The Personal Finances of Abraham Lincoln for several trivia questions. It has lots of little details about the Lincolns' income, finances, spending habits, etc. that are difficult to find anywhere else.

RE: Harry Pratt - LincolnMan - 06-11-2013 07:01 AM

Great write-up! It reminded me that so are so many people with Lincoln connections buried at Oak Ridge that visitors are not aware of.

RE: Harry Pratt - Tom Emery - 06-11-2013 03:47 PM

The letters that I reference in the article were courtesy of Rob Wick, who generously sent me photocopies of correspondence between Dr. Pratt, Carl Sandburg, and James Randall. Thanks for your help, Rob.

RE: Harry Pratt - Rob Wick - 06-11-2013 06:41 PM

(06-11-2013 03:47 PM)Tom Emery Wrote:  The letters that I reference in the article were courtesy of Rob Wick, who generously sent me photocopies of correspondence between Dr. Pratt, Carl Sandburg, and James Randall. Thanks for your help, Rob.

Glad I could be of service, Tom. Excellent article!

Best
Rob