Photo of Joe Di Cola in High School
11-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Photo of Joe Di Cola in High School
Forum member Joe Di Cola already had a reputation as a "Lincoln nerd" in high school! Joe sent me this photo, and I asked his permission to post it. He said yes. It's priceless. This is from his high school yearbook. In the write-up next to his senior photo there was mention of his talking about Lincoln for hours without repeating himself--and then the photo below:

[Image: joedicola.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: Photo of Joe Di Cola in High School
Joe: That's a lot of bull...frog Smile

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Joe reminds me of several young people that we have watched grow up during the 14 years we have been running the Surratt conference. One started coming from Ohio when he was about ten and is now finishing college. Another has been coming from North Carolina and should be about ready to enter college, and one young lady is now in her first year of college.

The young lady's grandmother used to tell stories about how Kasey would argue Lincoln history with her high school teacher. It got to the point where the other students would groan when it started because they knew that they were going to get an extended lesson from Kasey. She's a knock-out, however, so I bet they didn't mind letting her be the center of attention.
11-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Now that's funny! Seems like I had the same problem in high school (though no one put it in the yearbook for all eternity).

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
06-08-2014, 08:18 AM
We had to dissect rats in school. I don't think that would have been suitable for the year book. Joe, were quite handsome! Hope you are well.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2014, 08:55 AM
(06-08-2014 08:18 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Joe, were quite handsome!

Vicki and I had the pleasure of having lunch with Joe over a year ago, and I sure agree with you, Bill. He looks the same now.
06-08-2014, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 10:25 PM by Gene C.)
And if you haven't met Joe, come meet him, Bill & Donna Nash, yours truly and wife Joy, at the Springfield Tour this coming Oct 9-11. You'll learn something new and have a good time too! Come and learn all about Abraham Lincoln's pet frog.

This shameless plug was brought to you by your friends on the Lincoln Discussion Symposium., and may not represent the views of the moderator.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
06-09-2014, 05:23 AM
No doubt the young Abraham Lincoln had a pet frog.