Own a piece of Tudor Hall
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:14 AM by RJNorton.)
Own a piece of Tudor Hall
The Junius B. Booth Society and The Historical Society of Harford County are offering a unique opportunity. You can now own a piece of historic Tudor Hall─ the house that Junius Brutus Booth built for his family.

The chimney at Tudor Hall was structurally unsound and it was removed so that a new chimney could be built. Vintage photographs reveal that the original chimney, which dated to the construction of the house which began in the fall of 1851, was repaired and modified at least once in the years after Samuel A. S. Kyle purchased Tudor Hall in 1878 from Mary Ann Holmes Booth, widow of Junius Brutus Booth, Sr. The exact date of these repairs and modifications is unknown at this time.

As a result, the age of any of the bricks removed from the chimney in July 2009 is uncertain. All that can be said with certainty is that the bricks were part of the chimney at Tudor Hall for many years. We are offering 400 of the bricks from the old chimney at Tudor Hall for sale to the public. Proceeds will go to support the Junius B. Booth Society and The Historical Society of Harford County, in part, to catalog and preserve materials related to the Booth family and Tudor Hall. The Junius B. Booth Society and The Historical Society of Harford County are nonprofit organizations which work to make the public more aware of the individual members of the Booth family and Tudor Hall.

The brick for sale comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity and a pictorial history of the Tudor Hall chimney. The cost of each brick is $40.00 (tax included) and $15.00 for shipping/handling. To purchase this unique piece of history, send a check for $55.00 made out to: The Historical Society of Harford County, Inc.

Mail to:

The Historical Society of Harford County

Tudor Hall Brick

143 N. Main Street

Bel Air, MD 21014

If you would like to pick it up in person, call410-838-7691.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: Own a piece of Tudor Hall
Thanks Roger!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Back in February, Lindsey bought me a Tudor Hall brick for my birthday. Unlike Charlie Brown on Halloween, I was quite happy to say, "I got a rock".
05-31-2013, 11:57 PM
I keep forgetting to order one for myself. Smile
06-01-2013, 09:32 AM
So these bricks are from the original home?
06-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Matt, that is my understanding based upon this article...

http://spiritsoftudorhall.blogspot.com/2...-hall.html

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
06-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I am thinking of buying one but I didn't want to buy one of it isn't from the original house.
06-01-2013, 02:24 PM
I think I read a disclaimer somewhere that there is no way to tell whether the bricks are original to the 1850 construction or to the late-1800s repairs to the chimney done by the second owners, Samuel and Ella Kyle.
06-11-2013, 11:49 AM
So I sent my check for the brick but I haven't gotten a response, does anyone know how long it usually takes? I'm patient I just wanted to make sure the check got there okay!!! Haha
06-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Probably about 7 -10 days after your check clears.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
06-17-2013, 01:56 AM
(06-11-2013 11:49 AM)Matt Macoubrie Wrote:  So I sent my check for the brick but I haven't gotten a response, does anyone know how long it usually takes? I'm patient I just wanted to make sure the check got there okay!!! Haha

Give them a call at 443-619-0008 or SpiritsOfTudorHall@gmail.com