Alias - Second Edition
08-22-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 11:44 AM by BettyO.)
Alias - Second Edition
Just heard from my publisher that the 2nd Edition of Alias Paine will soon be in the editing process - and I'm currently adding a bit more - so will keep ya'll abreast of what is going on and when it will be released. I've seen the new cover - and I'm delighted with it!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2013, 12:23 PM
RE: Alias - Second Edition
That's fantastic, Betty!
08-22-2013, 12:28 PM
That is great news, Betty!
08-22-2013, 12:48 PM
So I can justify to my wife, why I have to purchase the new and improved edition, what's new and improved?
Do you think it will be ready for the Christmas presents buying season, or will you be at the Surratt Conference again this year so I can get a personally autographed copy?

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Great news! I am looking forward to it.
08-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:Do you think it will be ready for the Christmas presents buying season, or will you be at the Surratt Conference again this year so I can get a personally autographed copy?

I was told that it SHOULD be ready by November - February....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this Fall/December.

What's new? I've got new info on Powell's girlfriends - also new family info on his parents, his boyhood; i.e. church life, his neighborhoods where he grew up, etc.as well as a few new things regarding the assassination and his tenure with Mosby -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
08-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Congratulations! That's great news Betty. I can't wait. I will be dropping hints to my boys for Daddy's Christmas present.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Great news and best of luck, Betty.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
08-22-2013, 06:09 PM
(08-22-2013 11:43 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Just heard from my publisher that the 2nd Edition of Alias Paine will soon be in the editing process - and I'm currently adding a bit more - so will keep ya'll abreast of what is going on and when it will be released. I've seen the new cover - and I'm delighted with it!

Great news. Can't wait.

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
08-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Tell your publisher to send advance notices to Surratt House, please.

Also brtmchl: We want the final product of With Malice Towards One. What is the latest and how should we order?

And finally, the latest supplement from John and Barry (devoted to the question about the existence of the Booth autopsy and wonderfully full of illustrations) just arrived at Surratt House yesterday. We're pricing it and getting it settled in the computer. I should be able to give ordering information by the first of next week.

Isn't it great to know so many talented authors?
08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Laurie -

You will definitely get advanced notice! Way BEFORE the conference....

.....and I just want to add that I, too received an advance copy of John and Barry's latest supplement today! Can't wait to get into this tonight!

08-23-2013, 09:18 AM
The Elliot-Cauchon supplement is now on sale in the Surratt Gift Shop for $8.50 + $2 postage. Visa/MC orders taken by phone at 301-868-1121. Mail orders should be sent to Surratt House Museum Gift Shop, 9118 Brandywine Road, Clinton, MD 20735.
08-23-2013, 01:08 PM
(08-23-2013 09:18 AM)L Verge Wrote:  The Elliot-Cauchon supplement is now on sale in the Surratt Gift Shop for $8.50 + $2 postage. Visa/MC orders taken by phone at 301-868-1121. Mail orders should be sent to Surratt House Museum Gift Shop, 9118 Brandywine Road, Clinton, MD 20735.

I should have added that I have started the paperwork required by government bureaucracy to get brtmchl's With Malice Towards One in stock. We have to satisfy Purchasing and the IRS and get him listed as a vendor first.
08-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Congratulations Betty! That's exciting news. Looking forward to reading it.

Best,

Dan
08-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Betty,You are "legend in your own Time".I can't wait to read this new edition!