Killing Lincoln Update
02-15-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 09:08 PM by Rob Wick.)
RE: Killing Lincoln Update
(02-07-2013 08:52 AM)Dawn E Foster Wrote:  National Geographic Channel OnDemand (at least on my cable provider) is airing several previous Lincoln documentaries, in anticipation of their new Killing Lincoln. In just the past couple of days I have binged on The Hunt for Lincoln's Assassin; Lincoln, American Mastermind; The Real Abraham Lincoln; and Lincoln's Secret Killer. I'm sure we've probably discussed them all before (especially the MEN2B-Marfan one), but would everyone (anyone?) please help me out by commenting on the true (or not so) aspects of the others? Even I can tell that the assassination segment of the "Real" one is wonky. But, then, if I remember correctly, the first time I ever saw that one, a couple of years ago, was the first time I ever heard the name Mary Surratt. And that was what led me, trying to find out more, to discover Roger's incredible site. And that led me to another forum, where I first met all of you fascinating friends! And the rest, as they say, is history ...

Dawn,

I was in the Hunt for Lincoln's Assassin, and I always tell people they got about 90 percent of it correct. They completely left out Byron and Lafe Baker and Edward P. Doherty in favor of Everton Conger simply because the producers were trying to tie it in to the movie Manhunt, which had been announced and was to star Harrison Ford as Conger, which would have been a joke given that Conger was in his mid-20s when Booth was captured and Ford was in his 60s at the time, and Conger was not much over 5 foot tall and Ford was over 6 foot.

It wasn't a bad experience for me, but it did prove one thing. Talking heads are only there, and only get air-time, for things the producers want to highlight. When I first read the script, I told the producers that much of their script was incorrect. They thanked me and filmed it anyway. Here is a picture of me being intereviewed at Cleydael in June 2007 with no air conditioner wearing a long-sleeved shirt because the producer thought it would film better.

[Image: interviewfordocumentary.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Killing Lincoln Update - Laurie Verge - 01-24-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln Update - Dawn E Foster - 02-07-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln Update - Dawn E Foster - 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln Update - LincolnMan - 02-07-2013, 08:56 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln Update - Dawn E Foster - 02-08-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln Update - Laurie Verge - 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln Update - RJNorton - 02-07-2013, 10:23 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln Update - Laurie Verge - 02-07-2013, 02:49 PM