"Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins
02-25-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins
Tom,

I'm with you on this one. I never even made it to that crude comment. I skipped the Red Carpet fashion parade and waited for the show to finally begin at 8:30, knowing that I would never make it to the end and be able to stagger out of bed for work this morning.

At first, the musical production with Charlize Theron and someone reminded me of old-time Hollywood, and the great display of lights backed up the nostalgia. By that time, however, the host was getting on my nerves. Shortly thereafter, I said to heck with it and turned off the television. I am very thankful that I did not attempt to stay to the end. If I had, I probably would be replacing my television with one that did not have a brick heaved through it.

I don't say this just as a Lincoln person who would have enjoyed seeing it sweep the Oscars. I say this in protest to what has become a tasteless, political tool hiding itself under the guise of art and entertainment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - Laurie Verge - 02-25-2013 02:23 PM
RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - Hess1865 - 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM