New Online Map of Lincoln Sculptures
05-29-2022, 10:45 PM
RE: New Online Map of Lincoln Sculptures
I wanted to jump in after a long absence and say a couple of things. Regarding a Lincoln statue in Canada, I have never been able to find one. I have seen reports of people reporting seeing one but it seems that like a lot of people see a statue that has a beard and assume it's Lincoln. I don't think there is a Lincoln statue in Canada though I would not be surprised that a bust could be found in a museum somewhere.
In regards to Guatemala. I have read that there is a statue or large bust of Lincoln in Guatemala City and I even show in my database that it is supposedly in Union Plaza but I have not been able to conform this so it is not on our map.
This past week, I was able to find a large public Lincoln bust in Guadalajara, Mexico and it is now on the map. I also added a wonderful bust in London, England which I will see in July/August along with the ones in Edinburgh, Durham, Bath, London and Hingham, England.
As Scott mentioned in an earlier post, we'll be adding several more from California yet this summer. Waiting on some information from the Nixon Boyhood Home and Chaman University.

Scott and I hope you enjoy the map and please let us know if you see something missing or wrong. It is a work in process!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Online Map of Lincoln Sculptures - Lincolnphotog - 05-29-2022 10:45 PM