Another Autopsy Photo?
12-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Another Autopsy Photo?
Just received the following email:

"I am wondering if you all have found or seen this illusive photograph. This photograph of this booth man was not taken on the boat . Also it wasn't taken while he was on his back . It was taken on his stomach apparently some man new of two scars one on booths neck and the very small line stitch 2.5 inches down into the right shoulder blade . Just from what I have read."

I assume he is referring to the lost autopsy photo, but he is really describing a second photograph that was supposedly taken -- NOTICE THAT HE SAYS "NOT ON THE BOAT" and also "TAKEN ON HIS STOMACH."

The mention of the smaller scar on the shoulder blade is also new to me. Of course, Booth had several "encounters" with men and women that could account for that, but has anyone seen it in reference to the autopsy?

I replied with the known facts of the autopsy and also the rarity of anyone other than Gardiner and son taking photos of the dead body - even mentioned the article about Lawrence Gardiner written years later.

No photo was attached, and I have asked for his citations. Will more be revealed? Inquiring minds want to know...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Another Autopsy Photo? - L Verge - 12-26-2016 02:50 PM
RE: Another Autopsy Photo? - L Verge - 12-26-2016, 04:19 PM
RE: Another Autopsy Photo? - tom82baur - 12-26-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Another Autopsy Photo? - L Verge - 12-26-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: Another Autopsy Photo? - Gene C - 12-26-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Another Autopsy Photo? - L Verge - 12-26-2016, 05:46 PM