Spielberg's "Lincoln"
07-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Spielberg's "Lincoln"
Disney Puts Steven Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln’ Into Awards-Season Fray

BREAKING …. The Abraham Lincoln biopic starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Honest Abe will get an exclusive release November 9, 2012, and expand wide November 16, Disney just announced. That puts it squarely in the midst of Oscar season. The Steven Spielberg-directed Lincoln is a DreamWorks production; Fox and Participant Media are partners in the film and Fox will handle international distribution. It had previously not had a release date.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: Spielberg's "Lincoln"
Now that's one movie I will pay to see, as long as there are no vampires or werewolves involved.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I think the movie was last going to be released a month ago in June. I suspect the timing of the release of the Lincoln vampire movie (which I have not seen) conflicted with it. Now it's slated for November. Thanks, Laurie for the news flash. Were you involved with the production?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-19-2012, 07:47 PM
No, Bill, but I sure wish I had been! When people come to the museum and say, "I just saw you on television!" I always respond with, "Everyone has except Spielberg, the one person who could change my life."

Betty O. was able to sneak peeks at some of the filming that was done in Richmond and shared some of the shots with us on a different venue. Betty, do you still have them ready for posting? I also met a woman several weeks ago who visited the Surratt House. Her son is in the movie and was very impressed with what a wonderful person Spielberg is to work with - very caring of his cast and crew, never made them work on weekends, etc.
07-19-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're not involved. However, your news is encouraging. Yes, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Bill Nash
07-21-2012, 02:39 PM
(07-19-2012 07:47 PM)L Verge Wrote:  No, Bill, but I sure wish I had been! When people come to the museum and say, "I just saw you on television!" I always respond with, "Everyone has except Spielberg, the one person who could change my life."

Betty O. was able to sneak peeks at some of the filming that was done in Richmond and shared some of the shots with us on a different venue. Betty, do you still have them ready for posting? I also met a woman several weeks ago who visited the Surratt House. Her son is in the movie and was very impressed with what a wonderful person Spielberg is to work with - very caring of his cast and crew, never made them work on weekends, etc.

Yes, Laurie - I do have all the photos! That was a wonderful experience and I DID get to talk with Mr. Spielberg briefly at least 3 times. I can verify everything that the lady told you about him. Wonderful person indeed! He's very congenial and down to earth - a fantastic guy....and no he does not make his cast/crew work on weekends OR holidays! I wouldn't mind working for Mr. Spielberg at all! It'd be an honor!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
I've been catching parts of Spielberg's "Into The West" series being shown on AMC on Sunday evenings. The sets and costumes are fantastic. Anyone else familiar with it?

Bill Nash
10-05-2012, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 07:40 AM by BettyO.)
Here is another new longer Lincoln Trailer -

I can't wait to see this one....

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/surprise...-festival/

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
10-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks for posting this, Betty. I like this trailer even better than the first one.
10-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Is it just my computer? The link wouldn't play.

Bill Nash
10-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Your computer....it worked on mine.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
10-05-2012, 08:10 AM
(10-05-2012 07:39 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Is it just my computer? The link wouldn't play.

Try again, Bill. Betty fixed it before Gene posted.
10-05-2012, 08:22 AM
It worked! Man, does that look great or what?!

Bill Nash
10-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I never watch a movie on it's opening night. This will be the first!

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
10-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I had to laugh to myself-after watching Abraham Lincoln VS. Zombies-anything else about Lincoln would look great. The movie does really look well done.

Bill Nash