Traveling Lincoln Assassination Museum
02-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Traveling Lincoln Assassination Museum
    Hello,

For those living in central Michigan, on February 26, 2013 I will be giving a presentation "Little-known Facts About the Lincolns and the Civil War." It will be held in Sunfield, Michigan, about 20 miles Southwest of Lansing, for the Sons of Union Civil War Veterans. It will last about 2 hours.

I will also be bringing my Traveling Lincoln Assassination that contains over 50 original newspapers, broadsides, engravings, a diary of a resident of Washington City in 1865, CDVs and other photos, stereo views, booklets, sheet music, a mourning badge worn at Lincoln's funeral in Philadelphia, and much more.

I have been researching and collecting Lincoln-assassination-related relics for 47 years now. In that time, I have discovered many amazing facts.

Hope to see you there. Admission is free.

Rick Brown
HistoryBuff.com
A Nonprofit Organization
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: Traveling Lincoln Assassination Museum
Welcome to the forum, Rick. Thank you for joining us.
02-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Welcome, Rick - It's maybe too late for this year, but what are you doing next year in March when the Surratt Society holds its 15th Annual Conference on the assassination?
02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Rick, Any chance you will be bringing your program to the New Jersey area? Thanks Gary
02-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Welcome to Our Forum, Rick!

Would LOVE to see your traveling Lincoln Assassination exhibit! Is it coming to the VA/MD/DC area any time soon?

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
02-18-2013, 10:53 PM
(02-18-2013 09:21 PM)GARY POPOLO Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Rick, Any chance you will be bringing your program to the New Jersey area? Thanks Gary

Gary, where in New Jersey? And Rick, I second that!
02-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Laurie, I was the person that came and shot panoramas of the Surratt Tavern a couple years ago. View it at: http://www.historybuff.com/panos/surratt/index.html. For 15 more panoramas related to Abraham Lincoln, go to: http://www.historybuff.com/panos/lincoln

For my nonprofit organization, I have 5 different presentations I give at schools, historical societies, Civil War musters, etc. I also can bring my traveling Lincoln Assassination museum. More than 80 miles from Lansing, Michigan I do have to charge. For more information, go to http//www.historybuff.com/road I have to charge because, due to the bad economy, I was forced to retire early - thus my Social Security check is about $400 less per month than if I could have waited until I turned 66.

Laurie, it is not too late to book me for March. As to coming to DC/MD, New Jersey, or elsewhere, perhaps several sites could combine their funds - expenses such as gas, food, motel - and a little for my efforts. If I could, for example, set up at 3 different sites in one week, as opposed to only one site that far away, overall cost would be only a little more.

Rick Brown
HistoryBuff.com
A Nonprofit Orgasnization
02-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Rick, you're presentation sounds absolutely wonderful! Unfortunately, my job has me in a mandatory training on that day. I live in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Do you think you'll be coming over to my side of the state?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Rick,

I do apologize for not remembering your name - the minute you mentioned the panorama, it all came back to me. We are pretty much full for this year's conference; however, I am definitely interested in having you set up a display in 2014. Do you have a 45-minute presentation on the assassination-related materials, or is it strictly exhibit materials?
02-19-2013, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 10:59 AM by LincolnMan.)
Rick,
I am the Commander of my local Sons of Union Veterans Camp in Oakland County, Michigan. I, like Laurie, would be interested in a 45 minute presentation to our Camp for the year 2014, if possible. Please let us know!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I could do a 45-minute version of my Little-known Facts About the Lincolns and the Civil War. Both Oakland county and Sterling Heights are close enough to me that I would only ask for a tank of gas and a little for my time.

Rick Brown
HistoryBuff.com
A Nonprofit Organization
02-19-2013, 02:21 PM
(02-18-2013 10:53 PM)Dawn E Foster Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 09:21 PM)GARY POPOLO Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Rick, Any chance you will be bringing your program to the New Jersey area? Thanks Gary

Gary, where in New Jersey? And Rick, I second that!
Thats cold! Ha! I guess we are on the pay no mind list. Just trying to better our imagine. we are part of the union like it or not. Best Gary
02-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Hello Again Dawn, I have to apologize to you. I read your reply wrong. I thought you said where is New Jersey instead of where IN New Jersey. I am from south jersey about 30 minutes from the ocean city N.J. Again sorry for error. Best Gary
02-20-2013, 02:01 AM
(02-19-2013 05:05 PM)GARY POPOLO Wrote:  Hello Again Dawn, I have to apologize to you. I read your reply wrong. I thought you said where is New Jersey instead of where IN New Jersey. I am from south jersey about 30 minutes from the ocean city N.J. Again sorry for error. Best Gary

Hello Gary. I didn't say where IS New Jersey, because I live in South Jersey too.
04-18-2013, 01:24 PM
I just noticed this - Rick is speaking today.