Killing Lincoln
01-28-2013, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 08:49 AM by BettyO.)
Killing Lincoln
Killing Lincoln now has it's own website -

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/ch...g-lincoln/

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln
Thanks, Betty. I see you in a green shirt in the photo titled, Watching the Monitors. It's under Photos: "Killing Lincoln: The Making of.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/ch...s1-423451/

I saw the trailer for "Killing Lincoln" last Saturday in the previews before "Zero Dark Thirty." Only three weeks to go until Feb 17.
01-28-2013, 09:27 AM
And no, it isn't a horror film! Pay no attention to the woman in the green shirt! HA!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
01-28-2013, 12:01 PM
I saw on the page a link to: "Lincoln the Elvis of the Presidents"- or something like that. I pictured Lincoln singing to Fido "you ain't nothin' but a hound dog." Smile

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2013, 12:19 PM
(01-28-2013 12:01 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  I saw on the page a link to: "Lincoln the Elvis of the Presidents"- or something like that. I pictured Lincoln singing to Fido "you ain't nothin' but a hound dog." Smile

If Lincoln is the Elvis of Presidents, does that mean that he really didn't die on April 15th after all? Did he live out the rest of his life in Buenos Aires?
01-28-2013, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 12:44 PM by Gene C.)
Evidently I had a better relationship with Mr Lincoln than that!
How many dogs have there own sofa?
(Actually, he used to sing "She's Not You" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr3Chk8Cg8s )

P.S. If you believe everything that Mr Herndon wrote, we probably got along better than he did with Mrs Lincoln.

Fido

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
01-28-2013, 12:46 PM
You guys are too funny! Well, we do know Lincoln wasn't spotted at Burger King!

Bill Nash
01-28-2013, 01:56 PM
(01-28-2013 09:00 AM)Linda Anderson Wrote:  Thanks, Betty. I see you in a green shirt in the photo titled, Watching the Monitors. It's under Photos: "Killing Lincoln: The Making of.

I've only just noticed that. Go Betty!!!!

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
01-28-2013, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 02:10 PM by BettyO.)
Sets, costumes, etc. were spectacular. The attention to detail and authenticity, etc. was also extremely meticulous and impressive! I can't wait for this one! Definitely one for the DVD collection !

I hope ya'll get to see it over there across the pond, Maddie!

01-28-2013, 06:39 PM
(01-28-2013 02:10 PM)BettyO Wrote:  Sets, costumes, etc. were spectacular. The attention to detail and authenticity, etc. was also extremely meticulous and impressive! I can't wait for this one! Definitely one for the DVD collection !

I hope ya'll get to see it over there across the pond, Maddie!

We do get most things. I should think it will be around the same time you guys see it, or a week or so later. It does look really good. I think the choice of actor for JWB is excellent.

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
01-28-2013, 07:00 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting him and he's terrific! Very congenial and a great actor to boot - plus he looks the part and he's one heck of a rider!

01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
The curly hair and shape of the face did it for me with Jesse Johnson as JWB. Perfect.

One of the first filmings that I was involved with at Surratt House was a story on the assassination for the old TV program In Search Of. To this day, I remember the Booth actor sitting in my office between takes with hot rollers in his hair to keep his curls up to par! He was also a good-looking young man, but way too innocent looking to achieve the worldliness that one sees in the photos of Booth.
01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Laurie: Did you meet Mr. Nimoy?

Bill Nash
01-29-2013, 12:15 PM
No, they always dub the big-wigs in later. Same thing with Robert Stack. They did a show on us for his series Unsolved Mysteries, and then he was added in back in California. That one was a big production of several days with dressing room trailers, make-up trailers, caterers, and the whole schmeer.

I have learned so much about filming, proper lighting, gels that create proper lighting and shadows, sound systems etc. Maybe in my next vocation... It has also been an education to watch the cameras shrink in size over the years. In the 1970s, they were monsters that sat on tripods. Now, they are small things that the crew carry on their shoulders.

There was one show, That's Incredible, where the hosts actually were on set. Cathy Lee Crosby is the only one I remember because she was in the process of taking Redskins quarterback Joe Theisman away from his wife at the time. John Somebody (a singer) was another host, and a fading quarterback was the other. Any one remember who the men were?
01-29-2013, 12:27 PM
John Davidson and Fran Tarkenton. I barely remember watching that show, I had forgotten that Fran Tarkenton was even on it. I remember one show that had some guy who jumped over cars. He would have a really short sports car drive right at him at about 100 miles an hour and would just jump straight up and the car would drive underneath him. Crazy, but it was incredible. lol

"The interment of John Booth was without trickery or stealth, but no barriers of evidence, no limits of reason ever halted the Great American Myth." - George S. Bryan, The Great American Myth