Presidents and First Ladies Trivia
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Presidents and First Ladies Trivia
I thought I would try a new trivia topic today. Obviously our main focus on the forum is Abraham Lincoln and family, but it's apparent there is plenty of interest in other presidents, their families, etc. This topic will involve questions on any of our presidents, their wives and families, etc.

Here's my question:

Which president invited his mother to come to the White House, and when she arrived she refused to sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom due to a strong dislike of Abraham Lincoln?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: New Topic - Presidents and First Ladies Trivia
I don't know who it was but maybe she was really afraid of seeing Lincoln's ghost!
01-13-2013, 02:17 PM
(01-13-2013 01:35 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  I thought I would try a new trivia topic today. Obviously our main focus on the forum is Abraham Lincoln and family, but it's apparent there is plenty of interest in other presidents, their families, etc. This topic will involve questions on any of our presidents, their wives and families, etc.

Here's my question:

Which president invited his mother to come to the White House, and when she arrived she refused to sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom due to a strong dislike of Abraham Lincoln?

Harry Truman
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Joe, you win! Kudos! See below for your prize.
01-13-2013, 02:29 PM
(01-13-2013 01:35 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  I thought I would try a new trivia topic today. Obviously our main focus on the forum is Abraham Lincoln and family, but it's apparent there is plenty of interest in other presidents, their families, etc. This topic will involve questions on any of our presidents, their wives and families, etc.

Here's my question:

Harry Truman!

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
01-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi Jim! Joe Di Cola got it, too. You fellows were probably writing your replies at the same time. You both win free admission to the Truman Home. Just tell the folks there that you correctly answered this question.
01-13-2013, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 03:46 PM by Jim Page.)
(01-13-2013 02:36 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Hi Jim! Joe Di Cola got it, too. You fellows were probably writing your replies at the same time. You both win free admission to the Truman Home. Just tell the folks there that you correctly answered this question.

Wow! Thanks, Roger!!!

Since we've been discussing Freemasonry on another thread, here's a presidential Masonic trivia question.

Which two U.S. presidents were 33° Masons?

The 33rd degree is the highest degree of the Scottish Rite branch of Freemasonry and cannot be requested or applied for; it can only be conferred upon those who have brought honor and dedication to the craft.

--Jim

01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I have no clue. John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan?
01-13-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 03:46 PM by Jim Page.)
Hi, Roger--

Good answers, but no. Neither of those gentlemen were Freemasons.

Here's another Masonic trivia question: Which U.S. president went through the Entered Apprentice (first of three in the primary, or Blue, Masonic Lodge) degree of Freemasonry, but no further? Evidently, he lacked memorization skills and could not be advanced.

Hint: He served as president between the two presidents named above by Roger.

--Jim

01-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Jerry Ford
01-13-2013, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 03:56 PM by Jim Page.)
(01-13-2013 03:45 PM)william l. richter Wrote:  Jerry Ford

Bill, your answer is half-correct for the first question and wrong for the second. Here are the answers:

Harry Truman and Gerald Ford were 33° Masons. Lyndon Johnson was only able to achieve the EA or first degree in Freemasonry.

The other two degrees in the primary, or Blue, Masonic Lodges are Fellowcraft and Master Mason. No degree in Freemasonry is considered "higher" than the third degree; they're considered further enlightenment but are not higher than the third degree in spite of what one might think.

--Jim

01-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote from a First Lady:

"I will never consent to have our sex considered in an inferior point of light. Let each planet shine in their own orbit. God and nature designed it so - if man is Lord, woman is Lordess - that is what I contend for."

These are the words of what First Lady?
01-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Edith Wilson?

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Think earlier, Gene.
01-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Sounds like Abigail Adams.