The Good Old Days in Education
08-05-2015, 08:11 PM
The Good Old Days in Education
If you haven't seen this, take a look at how things have changed. No PowerPoint presentation or similar computers here...

http://www.uniquescoop.com/2015/06/oklah...s.html?m=1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2015 05:42 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: The Good Old Days in Education
Thanks for sharing, Laurie - this is fascinating! Especially what vibrant colors of chalk were already available in those days which we are used to see depicted in b&w photos. Also I personally still prefer the blackboard to the e-version (smart board). Anyway, no gadget spares the efforts of learning.
08-06-2015, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 05:05 PM by HerbS.)
Black boards-then green boards,white chalk,ditto-machines before Xerox,pointers before lasers! Movies and slides before VCR'S,no power point yet!Sharing department ideas,with tough tests before regents!No Common Core exams.Grade books,lesson plans[corrected in red by department chairs,and seating charts.Faculity lounge,where the people would actually talk to each other!Faculty meetings and faculty cafeteria,and so on and so on-when you might ask,1966!
08-06-2015, 05:20 PM
(08-06-2015 05:01 PM)HerbS Wrote:  ...lesson plans corrected in red by department chairs...

We had to turn our lesson plans in to the principal each Friday (covering the next week). We never got them back. I do not know if he ever even read them.
08-06-2015, 05:32 PM
I was going to school in between the transition from white to smart board so I have experienced the good old days.

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
08-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Then the department chairs had the vice principals look at our lesson plans!Then the unions suggested merrit pay for good teachers!However,we all made sure we got raises and a bonus!Thankfully,I taught in an area of the home offices of Kodak,Xerox,and Bausch and Lomb!Boy,am I glad that I retired when I did!District and State buyouts,unused sick days,bonus,and free medical were in play! Those were the days!