A Big THANK YOU!
04-19-2015, 01:51 PM
A Big THANK YOU!
Just wanted to take a minute to say a great big THANKS to all those who participate in the Lincoln Discussion Symposium. As many of you know, on April 14, I gave my first Lecture on the Lincoln Assassination. I put a lot of time and energy into preparation and that preparation in no small part included reading and re-reading many of the threads and posts here. They were absolutely invaluable in my preparation.

My talk went well. Just over 40 people were in attendance. It did go longer than I had hoped (lasted about 1 hr, 20 minutes). But that being said, I was able to keep everyone's attention the entire time - the audience was sitting in metal folding chairs, so it wasn't an easy task. I have received a number of very positive responses verbally and via e-mail following my talk. I will be repeating the talk at the Lew Wallace Study & Museum in Crawfordsville, IN on April 23 so today I will be re-evaluating and making some revisions. I would love to see you there if anyone can make it!

Next is on to preparation for a talk that I will be giving on the trial of the conspirators, again at the Lew Wallace Study & Museum in July.

In closing, as I told Roger, there is not a more knowledgeable, passionate, and generous online assemblage of those interested in all aspects of our 16th President, Abraham Lincoln anywhere to be found. I really appreciate the "real-time" scholarship and discussion that goes on here every single day. Kudos and thanks to you all!!

Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: A Big THANK YOU!
Congrats, Scott - and thanks for sharing your wonder- and successful experience! Truth to be told I wouldn't have doubted you were able to keep the audience's attention!! Way to go!
04-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Scott, I am so happy to see you out there treading the boards and telling the assassination story. You are a wonderful, young historian -- and to me, the key word here is "young."

I have reached that stage where I want desperately to see young and vibrant intellects brought into our field to continue the interest in this as well as other American history topics. You, Eva, Dave, Kate, Lindsey, Paige, Thomas, Matt, and others are the future.
04-19-2015, 08:15 PM
(04-19-2015 03:21 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Scott, I am so happy to see you out there treading the boards and telling the assassination story. You are a wonderful, young historian -- and to me, the key word here is "young."

I have reached that stage where I want desperately to see young and vibrant intellects brought into our field to continue the interest in this as well as other American history topics. You, Eva, Dave, Kate, Lindsey, Paige, Thomas, Matt, and others are the future.

Thanks! That's why I'm here.

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
04-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Congratulations Scott, great work!Smile
04-23-2015, 07:59 AM
CONGRATULATIONS-Scott,super job!