Dave's Calendar of Assassination-Related Events, etc.
02-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Dave's Calendar of Assassination-Related Events, etc.
Dave T. is developing a calendar of assassination-related events, exhibits, activities, speeches, etc. The events are also links, and clicking on them will give you more information. Dave also invites readers to suggest events that can be added to the calendar. Additionally, there is a listing of events on the right side of his blog.

A great idea, Dave!

CLICK HERE.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: Dave's Calendar of Assassination-Related Events, etc.
I agree. This is a great idea and thanks to Dave for starting and managing it!
02-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks Roger. I'm sure there is a fancier way to document some of the upcoming events for 2015, but I figured a Google Calendar was an easy enough way to start. I've already added Scott's April 14th speech in Bloomington, IN.

For this calendar I'm looking more for events with an assassination focus rather than an overall Lincoln event, but I'd be happy to advertise anything as long as it covers the assassination in some worthwhile way.

There's a lot planned this year in the Midwest as well as the East coast. I just read about a historical society in Minnesota that is going to reenact part of Our American Cousin and Lincoln's assassination on April 14th. Once I get some more details, I'll add it to the calendar. I was really hoping Ford's was going to do sort of a reenactment, but I'm sure their Lincoln Commemoration event will be nice too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2015, 11:28 PM
Thank you so much Dave. What a wonderful service.