Smithsonian contents
02-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Smithsonian Issue
    [attachment=1388]The Smithsonian Magazine has just issued a special 150th anniversary edition on Lincoln's assassination. It contains articles by many of your favorite writers/historians covering before, during, and after. I will try to post both the cover and the contents page so you can see for yourself. I think it is an excellent job covering most all aspects of the assassination.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 10:40 AM by Ed Steers.)
Smithsonian contents
Smithsonian contents. I tried to post earlier but was too large.

Smithsonian Contents Page
02-01-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Smithsonian contents
Thanks for posting on this Ed! I will be sure to pick up a copy.
02-01-2015, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 05:46 PM by Gene C.)
Me too!

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
02-02-2015, 04:16 AM
Thank you so much for posting this!
Does anybody know of a way to order single issues online?
02-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Angela, I searched for one yesterday but couldn't find one online. If this is a special issue it's possible it will be carried in stores that carry magazines. I know our local Publix Super Market carried a recent one called "100 Most Significant Americans of All Time." (Guess who was on the cover!) I do not know about Germany, though, but we will find a way to get one to you!
02-02-2015, 05:52 AM
...and for me - I had the same question, I would like to order one, too.
02-02-2015, 06:00 AM
Will do, Eva! If our local Publix (or Barnes & Noble, etc.) carries these I can buy 3 and send both you and Angela copies.
02-02-2015, 07:18 AM
OMG, Roger - that would be absolutely wonderful! I've tried at the airport here in Frankfurt - but they don't have it either.
02-02-2015, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 07:33 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Thank you for your kind offer, Roger! I emailed the customer service to inquire about a way to order one issue for overseas. If they don't I would gratefully accept your offer but pay for all your expenses. Shipping might be cheaper if you send both in one envelope to one of us then, and I can forward Angela her issue or v.v.
02-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Has anybody checked out the Smithsonian website online to see if they offer this?
02-02-2015, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 12:52 PM by Gene C.)
I think it's the Feb issue, although I couldn't find it on the Smithsonian Mag web site, the Feb date is indicated in a Google search.

The magazine cover in Ed's post says Special Edition with the date in the lower right corner of March- April 2015.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
02-06-2015, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 03:08 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
I received the following reply:

"Dear Eva Lennartz,

Thank you for contacting Smithsonian about your book request.
I'm happy to help you. To order a copy of a specific back issue, please use the following contact information:
Time Customer Service
Single Copy Desk
P.O. Box 60001
Tampa, FL 33660-0001
Phone: 1-800-357-4466
E-mail: help.single@customersvc.com

Please provide the full name and complete mailing address where you want the issue shipped. Also, include the cover date(s) and the name of the publication in which you are interested in ordering. We hope these instructions allow you to retrieve the information you seek.

Sincerely,
Cartier T OG"

Due to the form file I had to fill in to contact them, I somewhat believe this will turn out to be a service for subscribers only.
02-19-2015, 03:00 PM
An Illustrator named Owen Freeman just posted some art from the upcoming magazine on tumblr.

I am not sure if it is out yet but thought I'd share it here anyway.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-19-2015, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2015 10:44 PM by LincolnToddFan.)
EEEEE!! I am dancing a jig in anticipation of getting my copy...just like the obsessive little history geek I am!Big Grin

Thanks for the heads up, Dr. Steers!