Books About The Booth Family
07-06-2012, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 04:04 PM by RJNorton.)
Books About The Booth Family
Laurie sent me a link to this large list of books about the Booth family (and topic related).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: Books About The Booth Family
(07-06-2012 04:02 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Laurie sent me a link to this large list of books about the Booth family (and topic related).

Excellent list. I put that in my favorites.

Craig
07-17-2012, 01:53 PM
And speaking of Booth (well, books about Booth anyway), is there any news on the Booth DNA project?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2012, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 04:14 PM by Laurie Verge.)
To the best of my knowledge, nothing else has transpired regarding the exhumation of Edwin for DNA comparisons. However, I am slightly concerned because Surratt House recently sponsored a day-trip that included a visit to the new National Museum of Health and Medicine in Bethesda (the replacement for the previous great one at Walter Reed which is not as good). There was no sign of Booth's vertebrae on display.

I immediately wrote to the director of the museum asking where the specimen was and have received no response (at least six weeks have elapsed). My suspicious mind immediately wondered if it had been approved for DNA testing. I certainly hope not. And, I know that I am probably in the minority by not seeing the necessity for this continued argument over whether or not Booth escaped.
07-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Laurie: Wow, that is wild. I agree the whole thing was unnecessary. I have multiple inquiries from John Q. Public on my Lincoln blog-so it has stirred interest with folks-but at what price?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user