Welcome #300
04-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Welcome #300
I would like to welcome our latest forum member, PaigeBooth. I had the pleasure of meeting Paige and her family last fall when they visited Surratt House. I have also emailed with her a bit since, as has Betty. Paige is very interested in Mr Powell.

This young lady is a home-schooled teenager and very well-versed in the Civil War and the assassination. And, frankly, I was delighted to see that our 300-member milestone happened to be a "youngster."

Warning to the New Jersey Yankee - Paige is a Southerner...

Warning to Paige - The Yankee will try to trip us up with some sneaky trivia questions. And, he keeps score. Right now, us Rebs are a-winning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: Welcome #300
Welcome, Paige!

So glad that you joined - you will find us a warm and very interesting group!

Enjoy!! And congratulations on being # 300!!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
04-05-2014, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 08:26 PM by J. Beckert.)
(04-05-2014 06:13 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Warning to the New Jersey Yankee - Paige is a Southerner...

Warning to Paige - The Yankee will try to trip us up with some sneaky trivia questions. And, he keeps score. Right now, us Rebs are a-winning.

That would be me, Paige. Welcome! I'm presently looking for a question I can qualify as a 10 pointer so I can regain my lead and spank you Rebels like an ugly baby. See you then...

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
04-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Welcome Paige. We have good people here. Enjoy!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 10:32 AM
(04-05-2014 06:13 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I would like to welcome our latest forum member, PaigeBooth. I had the pleasure of meeting Paige and her family last fall when they visited Surratt House. I have also emailed with her a bit since, as has Betty. Paige is very interested in Mr Powell.

This young lady is a home-schooled teenager and very well-versed in the Civil War and the assassination. And, frankly, I was delighted to see that our 300-member milestone happened to be a "youngster."

Warning to the New Jersey Yankee - Paige is a Southerner...

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am thrilled to be a part of it all, and especially proud to be on the Southern team "Fighting for the Cause."
04-08-2014, 05:28 PM
the 10 point question
(04-05-2014 07:45 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 06:13 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Warning to the New Jersey Yankee - Paige is a Southerner...

That would be me, Paige. Welcome! I'm presently looking for a question I can qualify as a 10 pointer so I can regain my lead and spank you Rebels like an ugly baby. See you then...

I've been thinking about that 10 point question you asked for- here it is!
Before the Battle of Gettysburg, a railroad existed there, what was the name of the railroad that existed in Gettysburg, before the battle? On what date, and by which side (North or South) was it destroyed? What are the names of the people responsible for destroying it? By which person was railroad work temporarily suspended in the days leading up to the battle?
For each question you get wrong, it's 5 points for we Rebs. Guess that makes this a 20 point question!
04-08-2014, 06:24 PM
This looks like too much fun not to move.....

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"