Lincoln Mural
11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Lincoln Mural
A Brazilian artist has completed an impressive (at least in size) wall mural of Lincoln in Lexington, Kentucky.

Abraham Lincoln mural is complete.
http://www.lex18.com/news/abraham-lincol...completed/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2013, 11:38 AM
RE: Lincoln Mural
Many thanks, Kieran. I am going to alert Sebastiao Albano to your post. Sebastiao is a forum member who lives in Brazil.
11-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Very impressive Roger. Mr. Lincoln fascinates people around the world. Tell Mr. Albano that I, being a graphic artist, admire his mural very much. I don’t know how one works on such a huge project.
Kieran

(11-13-2013 11:38 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Many thanks, Kieran. I am going to alert Sebastiao Albano to your post. Sebastiao is a forum member who lives in Brazil.
11-13-2013, 04:34 PM
(11-13-2013 04:21 PM)Kieran McAuliffe Wrote:  Mr. Lincoln fascinates people around the world.

Sebastiao made a wonderful post here.
11-13-2013, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 07:14 PM by brtmchl.)
Thank you for reposting that Roger. That was a wonderful story. He is a very talented man. Not only with the brush, but also with his pen. I can't decide which I find more inspiring, the mural, the Lincoln sketch,or the story.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
12-01-2013, 07:16 PM
There is a Lincoln mural in Springfield also- not by the same artist. Anyone else notice the one in Springfield? It's on the side of a restaurant.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Bill, I have no clue who operates the wonderful blog here, but if you go to that page there is a discussion of the mural you speak of.
12-02-2013, 08:02 AM
You're too sharp Roger!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user