"My God, I have no country left!"
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: "My God, I have no country left!"
I think that the frustration over the changes that are happening in our government are more likely to include Congress as well as the President at this point. During the first two years, I heard a considerable amount of discussion similar to the lady in Gettysburg; since then it seems to be comments about the two branches - and even fear about the Supreme Court's upholding of laws.

In regards to assassination, there will always be those types of comments. Frankly, I am more concerned with what will happen in this country if the current President were to be assassinated. I think it would be a hundred times worse than the assassination of King. At the time of that event, I was teaching in a school that was two miles from the D.C. line and could see the flames and smoke from the areas of the city that were burned and looted. It was also a bit unnerving to show up at school one morning to find that it had been taken over by state police and National Guard units as a command post from which to protect Maryland because of its close proximity to Washington.

I really don't want to experience those same feelings again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "My God, I have no country left!" - Rhatkinson - 05-04-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: "My God, I have no country left!" - Laurie Verge - 05-03-2013 04:43 PM
RE: "My God, I have no country left!" - Hess1865 - 05-04-2013, 10:23 AM