Continuation of Surratt Conference Photos
03-20-2013, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 06:47 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Continuation of Surratt Conference Photos
I thank you all very much. I think I remember saying at the conference that the subject of the Lincoln assassination has been my hobby for over fifty years, and I'm one of the lucky ones who turned my avocation into my vocation. The Surratt Society has given me a multitude of wonderful friends, who have stuck by me through good and bad times - both personal and work-related. Roger and this forum have brought me even more friendships - and three of the best ones have been Roger, Joe, and Linda, who along with Betty, have seen me through a very rough time this past year. I love you guys.

I have known Betty for about 35 years and considered her a dear friend. We have shared many a fun time together with our Surratt Sorority girlfriends. I have corresponded with Roger since about 1996 (but have never met him); I just met Linda for the first time at the 2012 conference; and first laid eyes on Joseph this time last week - even though we had become online friends months ago. I don't want to get maudlin, but Rick Smith, Wild Bill, Wes Harris, Jerry Madonna (who will deny it and swear that I did hit him with my award, which I didn't) have been good friends for years now. And Art Loux, what a guy. I cried when his job sent him far away from the East Coast. And then there's Jim Page, who lives close to Surratt House and brings me cookies and apple turnovers!!!

I could never have known that first night that I joined the new Surratt Society in September of 1975, that I would end up getting my name in credit lines in books, on the front cover of one (not written by me), on a number of film credits -- and hugs from Erik Jendresen and a handshake and compliments on our work from Robert Redford. Color me ecstatic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continuation of Surratt Conference Photos - Art Loux - 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Continuation of Surratt Conference Photos - L Verge - 03-20-2013 06:46 PM