A new Lincoln book, The Broken Constitution
11-13-2021, 02:58 PM
RE: A new Lincoln book, The Broken Constitution
(11-12-2021 04:16 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  Define "worthwhile."

You don't seem to understand, David, that I agree with you on the real issues surrounding Feldman's book. Where we differ is in your belief that any criticism of Lincoln is akin to criticizing God, which is nothing but inane hero worship.

You also seem to have some kind of inferiority complex where Harvard and other schools are concerned. One of the smartest lawyers I know never went to college.

Best
Rob

Dictionary.com defines "worthwhile," succinctly and accurately: "such as to repay one's time, attention, interest, work, trouble, etc." Dictionary.com also provides the following appropriate example of the word's use: "a worthwhile book."

And, until you informed me, I did not know that it was my "belief that any criticism of Lincoln is akin to criticizing God."

The question that I have for you is: "How did you know, what I did not know myself?"

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A new Lincoln book, The Broken Constitution - David Lockmiller - 11-13-2021 02:58 PM