A new Lincoln book, The Broken Constitution
11-12-2021, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2021 12:30 PM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: A new Lincoln book, The Broken Constitution
(11-11-2021 02:39 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  The arguments about Habeas Corpus or Lincoln's legal ability to wage war to force the South back into the Union are both legitimate reasons not to buy the book, and I would argue they are not the reason David's letter will be trashed. It's because he feels a necessity to protect someone who doesn't need protection.
Best
Rob

I did not mention in my post anything about "forc[ing] the South back into the Union" as did you in your post, Rob. And, the Amanpoor interviewer did not contradict the author's book sales pitch on this subject or any other President Lincoln Civil War action.

How would an unknowledgeble TV viewer and listener know that this assertion is NOT a legitimate reason to buy the book if someone in the here and now was not willing to defend President Lincoln's specific constitutional actions?

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A new Lincoln book, The Broken Constitution - David Lockmiller - 11-12-2021 12:29 PM