Lincoln's Revelance Questioned by National Park Service
09-23-2021, 02:28 AM
RE: Lincoln's Revelance Questioned by National Park Service
Hello Aussie Mick,

Thanks for the link of the 'liberty knife' and the date of the first Julius Caesar Shakespeare Play, performed by the Booth brothers.
But I have asked; ' if someone can pass on to me the date that JWB and his brothers had scheduled in 1865 their second beneficial play of 'Julius Caesar'. I emigrated from Amsterdam too England and lost a lot of my files on the American Civil War in general; hence the disappearance of this information, cannot even recall where I got it from, but there was a second performance.
I have to go to my work soon so try to keep this short.
The way you approached the question of how Rathbone could have moved from his seat towards the chair of the president without been spotted by the two women at his site, is very logically. If it comes to Mrs. Abraham Lincoln, she was soon moved out of the way, hysterical and such.
If it comes to the fiancee of Rathbone, Clara Harris who, as you probably know, was murdered in December, 23 1883 in Hanover, Germany by her husband; I have here several copied documents from the USA National Archive Trust sent to me in 2006 in which many Civil War 'celebrities', had petitioned in 1877 for Colonel Henry R. Rathbone as a charge d' affaires at Denmark or any foreign affairs; among those was also U.S. General William T. Sherman and Rathbone's stepfather Ira Harris.
During the Government of President Rutherford B. Hayes this petition was ignored but during the Presidency of Chester A. Arthur Colonel Rathbone and his family went on their way to Hanover. The archivist had notified me that the documents of the second petition has disappeared.

You know, one's mind is a curious thing especially if it comes to the subconsciousness a protection shield from shocking affairs like a murder that had happened right besides you as it did with the two women next to the president. Let me tell you that, when I was ten years old, my father had died in that year, for some odd reason I locked myself in the kitchen to surprise my family with a cup of tea. This was early in the morning and one particular event had made me curious, which was the 'smoke' as I took it was then, coming from the kettle and wondered what was going on inside. Standing tip toes trying to looking in, my nighty caught fire. I panicked and all my recollection of that morning had disappeared. Ten years later, l had a dream and in details I relived that morning. We lived at the third floor and in my dream my younger sister had opened the door, I was standing on the big iron dust bin, ready to jump. The kitchen door goes inwards if you wanted to open it and in my panic i was pushing and to get away from the flames I was about to make that escape.
My sister was the one that had reacted on the barks of our dog and had opened the door just in time. My sister never spoke about that morning as it was for her shocking as well, until I asked her about the details which she confirmed.
Having said this, reckon that the same has happened to Clara, that she remembered after ten years that her husband had left the seat or already was standing behind the president when JWB appeared, which could have been timed.
Clara might have mentioned this to her husband, perhaps have seen him shooting.
I know lots of 'if's', but we are indoctrinated by the pictures of the press at that time with Rathbone's position away from the president.
Well, just one avenue to think about, but one thing, even Ira Harris had considered away from Washington DC would have done his son - in-law good which included his daughter who might have past on her dream to him.
I have to to my work, no breakfast for me today....
Veronica
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's Revelance Questioned by National Park Service - Veronica - 09-23-2021 02:28 AM