Very sad news - passing of Dr. Blaine Houmes
06-09-2021, 09:58 PM
RE: Very sad news - passing of Dr. Blaine Houmes
Blaine will be missed by all who knew him. A great person with a dry sense pf humour. The first time I met him was at a Surratt Conference. Rich Smyth and I had been trying to get information on the Booth mummy and hoped to get a modern picture of it. I was fortunate to sit next to Blaine at the conference and also during the conference luncheon. He shared with me many details about the mummy. He had viewed the mummy and at one time (a very short time) considered buying the mummy. He said it was so full of arsnic that it was "a toxic waste dump". He had promised not to disclose the owner's name or whereabouts, (I did find out his name and address, and not from Blaine). Sitting next to him during the conference, he leaned over and said in a low voice, "the owner has another mummy too." Completely deadpan. Could not help but laugh.

Others, please share any stories of Blaine. He will be looking down upon with that smirk.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very sad news - RJNorton - 06-08-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: Very sad news - passing of Dr. Blaine Houmes - Jim Garrett - 06-09-2021 09:58 PM