Pulitzer Board Rescinds New York Times’s ‘Caliphate’ Citation
12-23-2020, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2020 10:44 PM by Rob Wick.)
RE: Pulitzer Board Rescinds New York Times’s ‘Caliphate’ Citation
Quote:Wow Rob, I thought you were a journalism major and had worked at a newspaper at one time.

You're half right. I did work at several newspapers, but my degree is in history. I never took a journalism class in college. My journalism school was learning from an old, experienced editor who knew the difference between news and nonsense.

Having never been impressed with the Pulitzers, which is basically a trade association award, I couldn't care less whether the Times gets one or not. It's all an inside baseball situation that means absolutely nothing to the general populace.

Quote:No comments were permitted by the New York Times to the story. What a pity! I would have commented about the possibility of the Pulitzer Board rescinding the 2020 Pulitzer Prize for Commentary won by the "1619 Project."

Yeah, that would have showed them.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pulitzer Board Rescinds New York Times’s ‘Caliphate’ Citation - Rob Wick - 12-23-2020 10:43 PM