In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
03-22-2021, 04:55 AM
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
(03-21-2021 05:22 PM)Gene C Wrote:  Sorry, that may be a correct answer, but since that's not the answer I'm looking for we can't consider it as correct.

(I learned that from the House and Senate Investigative Committee Policy and Procedures Manual)
Confused

Gene, I shall now guess William Herndon.

I found what I was thinking of in Reverend Reed's eulogy:

"When among the Allegheny mountains last summer, I saw two tall and stately pines standing on a rocky ledge, where they, had grown so closely together as to be virtually united at the base, their interlocking roots entering the same rock cavities, and penetrating the same soil. There they had stood for years with intertwining branches and interlocking roots, braving in noble fellowship the mountain storms. But the taller of the two had, years before, been struck by a flash of lightning, that had gone to its very roots, shattering it from top to bottom, and leaving it scarred and dead.

The other, apparently uninjured, had survived for some years, but it was evident from the appearance of its leaves that it, too, was now quite dead. It had lingered in fellowship with its dead companion, but the shock was too much for it. In their sympathetic fellowship and union, both trees had suffered from the same calamity. They had virtually both been killed at the same time. With the one that lingered, it was only slow death from the same cause. So it seems to me today, that we are only at death placing his seal upon the lingering victim of a past calamity."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - RJNorton - 03-22-2021 04:55 AM