Four-alarm fire burns St. Louis museum that holds historic manuscripts
03-30-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: Four-alarm fire burns St. Louis museum that holds historic manuscripts
(03-30-2019 05:38 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(03-30-2019 05:12 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  (Within this awesome historical items, who is Babe Ruth?? ?)

Many consider him to be the greatest baseball player of all time. I have seen his statistics both as a pitcher and as a hitter, and no one that I know of had this combination of abilities as did Babe Ruth.

I don’t think it’s possible to overstate the significance of Babe Ruth. He was hugely important in saving baseball from the 1919 Black Sox scandal, which might have bred cynicism toward baseball, and maybe all professional sports. Ruth helped people love baseball. In 1920, his first year as a New York Yankee, he hit 54 home runs, batted .376, and had 135 rbi’s! And he followed that performance with year after year of excellent baseball. People who didn’t follow baseball followed Babe Ruth. Even in 1934, his final year as a Yankee, and his next-to-last year in baseball, Ruth hit 22 home runs, batted .288, and had 84 rbi’s. Someone with those stats today would make a pretty good living. Robert Creamer, Ruth’s biographer, said of him, “He was the best baseball player who ever lived….There’s never been anyone else like him.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Four-alarm fire burns St. Louis museum that holds historic manuscripts - davg2000 - 03-30-2019 09:57 AM