Lincoln Presidential Library Foundation Owes Big $$$
07-19-2019, 06:08 PM
RE: Lincoln Presidential Library Foundation Owes Big $$$
(07-19-2019 03:36 PM)Steve Wrote:  While this story doesn't have anything to do with the Lincoln collection, it's still a worrying article about some things going on at the ALPLM:

https://www.tribuneledgernews.com/extra/...32253.html

Wow - could we surmise that this happens when HR hires administrators that have no connection to the history field, or interest therein? I'll bet that ALPLM hired on the basis of experience in fundraising, not historical knowledge.

Having just gone through the hiring process at Surratt House Museum, I was amazed at some of the 30+ applications that were filtered and sent to us (out of 450+ that applied!). I don't know what filter system their computers use, but we were asked to consider people who had not completed their applications, had no experience in museum or history fields, listed no special skills on their applications, and had lousy grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.

We (a panel of five) reduced the number to ten considerations and interviewed six. Our selection has museum and public history experience as well as having been a teacher. He starts with us in mid-August. Keep your fingers crossed that our instincts will pay off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln Presidential Library Foundation Owes Big $$$ - L Verge - 07-19-2019 06:08 PM
Hat & Gloves - DanielC - 05-12-2018, 03:29 PM