‘Mourning Lincoln’ Wins Book Prize
02-15-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: ‘Mourning Lincoln’ Wins Book Prize
(02-15-2016 03:35 PM)Angela Wrote:  While I am not very well versed in anything assassination related, that add hit me hard and made me want to understand better how the country felt at the time.

Angela, several years ago on his wonderful website Dave Taylor wrote, "...I’m going to recount what could be a factoid that I can’t seem to find a source for. I don’t know where I read it and I’m not sure it’s even true, but it’s something that I find fascinating if it is. I recall reading some source that stated that, before the advent of the television, more people witnessed the passing of Lincoln’s funeral train than any other event in American history. That’s to say that the sight of Lincoln’s funeral train as it passed through and by town and cities, was the most observed object and event in our history. It would not be until images began being transmitted on the television that more people saw one identical thing. To me, this fact, if true, is amazing. It perfectly shows how vital Lincoln was to our country."

http://boothiebarn.com/about/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Mourning Lincoln’ Wins Book Prize - RJNorton - 02-15-2016 04:25 PM