"The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation"
03-14-2015, 04:11 AM
RE: "The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation"
(03-14-2015 03:47 AM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  But they did not come to this country hating themselves and I doubt they were born hating themselves....
...This self-hatred that some AA's have of themselves has been carried over into our own time. Listen to the lyrics of contemporary rap music...
How do you know that they didn't come to this country hating themselves? My understanding is that some black Africans sold other black Africans into slavery. Even today there is a good deal of violence and hatred among the different African tribes (sure hope that isn't a racist term). Was that all caused by white people too?

I have read some rap lyrics online. Seems to me there is even more hatred of white people, including white women, than there is for themselves. Why isn't that illegal? So there can be attraction and hatred and disrespect all in the same package. I wouldn't be surprised that the disrespect is a big ingredient of the attraction, if the truth be told. The white rapist slaveholders probably felt that way too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation" - My Name Is Kate - 03-14-2015 04:11 AM