New Garrett Farm Marker to be Replaced
04-13-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: New Garrett Farm Marker to be Replaced
(01-09-2015 12:35 PM)Gene C Wrote:  Huh
that makes sense....if you work for the government

Actually the concept of left hand deceleration and acceleration are not the desired movements from a DOT perspective. Most of this activilty occurs on the right hand side of the road. However, if you think of it, where applicable, on roadways with a median wide enough, it is used. In fact in Maryland on I-95 the travel plazas are located in this manner. Furthermore, the state of Maryland welcome center a few miles up the road from the Bay Bridge is likewise situated. So it is NOT a sacrosanct rule. Indeed, the lighter traffic volume of Route 301 south of the Rt. 17 interchange is nowhere near the I-95 and Maryland Welcome Center roadway volumes. So, a welcome center constructed as a replica of the Garrett farmhouse would be a welcomed addition to Caroline County which needs such a boost, not to mention the delightful town of Port Royal which I visited (along with the Garrett site) in April 2008. The charming Port Royal Tavern had just reopened on St. Patrick's Day that year but I understand is now closed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Garrett Farm Marker to be Replaced - DKEast - 04-13-2015 05:26 PM