Lincoln Forum at Gettysburg and new exhibit at the ALPLM
11-25-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: Lincoln Forum at Gettysburg and new exhibit at the ALPLM
Angela,

So glad you posted! I had intended on posting on this topic as well, but since returning from Gettysburg and the Lincoln Forum Symposium I have been mired in work...probably will not let up soon. This is the first day I have really gotten a chance to read and now reply.

When I get a chance I will post a little more about the talks presented at the symposium in this thread and a couple of others with info that I learned and some I am still in the process of gathering. By the way, I agree that Johnathan White gave a great talk and really gave a much more common sense account of the 78% of the soldier vote that Lincoln received in the 1864 election than the fanciful "everyone suddenly saw the light and was 100% behind emancipation and equality for everyone" story that seems to have been the narrative for years.

It was definitely a great time and fantastic to meet Angela face to face for the first time (Tom B. and I have met and been friends for several years). Hope others on this discussion group can attend next year, as it would be great to meet face to face! And of course, if you can, attend the Surratt Conference in March - it is also fantastic and a great chance to meet face to face with many on this board.

And now back to work!

Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln Forum at Gettysburg and new exhibit at the ALPLM - STS Lincolnite - 11-25-2014 04:06 PM