The “rubber box” or did Laura Keene indeed held Lincoln’s head?
09-15-2014, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 01:37 PM by loetar44.)
RE: The “rubber box” or did Laura Keene indeed held Lincoln’s head?
(09-14-2014 07:22 PM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  Kees, I will start with the last first. I think the Jeannie Gourlay may have added a touch when she said that the pathway was only known to the company, however I think it's fair to say that the back entrance was not commonly known. Overall, I believe the information that has come from Thomas through Jeannie and Thomas Jr has the ring of truth. I don't think Jeannie fabricated information. Much of this will be addressed in an upcoming book written by Rich Smyth with minor contributions from yuours truly and fellow symposium member Jim Page. Look for release hopefully by the end of the year.

Looking forward to the upcoming book! Please keep me informed.

(09-15-2014 05:18 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(09-14-2014 06:06 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  I don't know if you can post it Roger, but on page 90 of The Restoration of Ford's Theater there's a drawing of how the back of Ford's looked that includes the north and south additions. The south addition shows a set of stairs going from ground level to the second floor, where the lounge was located. Remembering that Booth had to cross under the stage to get to the south side tells me there was a door somewhere on the south wall that lead into the alley near Taltavul's. The illustration on page 91 shows this.

Joe, here they are. The first is from p. 90, and the second is from p. 91:

Thanks for posting the images Roger.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The “rubber box” or did Laura Keene indeed held Lincoln’s head? - loetar44 - 09-15-2014 01:31 PM