Removing Confederate Generals portraits?
12-20-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Removing Confederate Generals portraits?
It's hard to follow those comments by Joe because they hit right to the core of this whole matter.

My GWTW glasses got broken a long time ago - long before I was born. I'm allergic to magnolias and moonlight 'cause I'm a realist that lives with dandelions and moonshine. I come from Southern Maryland, but I have to go back four generations to find any ancestors who owned slaves; and one part of my heritage held no slaves, but had two brothers who fought against each other - both surviving the war and never speaking to each other again.

That said, I do not condone slavery whether then or now. But I do find it "ludicrous" and offensive that certain groups among us still want to throw the race card out there in order to achieve their agendas and political goals. Find some other more modern trouble to vent your anger on for Pete's sake and work to cure today's ills instead of dwelling on the past. Understand that it is the past and start worrying about the future. That is what education (and history) is all about.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing Confederate Generals portraits? - Hess1865 - 12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: Removing Confederate Generals portraits? - L Verge - 12-20-2013 04:47 PM