Boston Bombing aftermath, any similarity to the Lincoln assassination aftermath?
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 05:03 PM by My Name Is Kate.)
RE: Boston Bombing aftermath, any similarity to the Lincoln assassination aftermath?
I would have guessed that I read the LTP quote that his zeal (that was not the actual word he used but does accurately paraphrase the quote as I remember it) would have carried him alot further than just trying to assassinate Seward, in "Alias Paine", since that is the only book I have read on the assassination, except for one that I read a long long time ago and have forgotten. But I couldn't find the quote in "Alias Paine". I did read rather extensively online about LTP before I read the book, so that is probably where it comes from. I did a cursory search just now, but nothing turned up.

Another thing I've been wondering about that I read somewhere, probably online, is that after the Seward assassination attempt, someone reported seeing someone who looked alot like Powell, at a soldiers hospital or home. This person was observing the person who looked like Powell and had a black eye, and when the person saw that he was being observed closely, he turned his back.

Has anyone else ever read either of these things?

I think Powell probably would not have blown up the White House if he had been ordered to do so by someone he regarded as a legitimate authority figure, provided he had thought about who might be inside the building at the time, but I'm not sure he would have given much, or any, thought to that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boston Bombing aftermath, any similarity to the Lincoln assassination aftermath? - My Name Is Kate - 04-22-2013 04:58 PM