Show us your Lincoln collectables!
08-19-2018, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2018 08:53 PM by Thomas Kearney.)
RE: Show us your Lincoln collectables!
(08-19-2018 08:34 PM)Anita Wrote:  
(08-08-2018 02:23 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Weird!

I can see it also and can relate to " so ugly it's cute." I think many felt that way when they met Lincoln.

(08-19-2018 02:45 PM)Thomas Kearney Wrote:  Nowadays, 3D Printers can make various items from toy cars to prosthetic hands. But back in the 1960's, Mold A Rama machines were the predecessor to 3D Printers. For a couple dollars, you could make a plastic figure of an animal or a car and take it home with you. The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI has 10 of these machines and one features a bust of Abraham Lincoln:

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2XK...earborn_MI

I've had mine since 2008 and keep it on my desk at home.
Thomas, this is really cool. When I was young they didn't have such neat machines. The ones I knew flattened pennies thus elongating Lincoln's image.

check out pennycollector.com. Lincoln appears on this classic souvenir at Ford's Theater, Gettysburg, the White House, Smithsonian, Henry Ford Museum, and of course, Springfield. I check the locations tool before I travel to see if I can find any souvenir pennies to bring home.

The Mold A Rama machine costs $3 and is located at the back of the exhibit With Liberty And Justice For All in the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Show us your Lincoln collectables! - Hess1865 - 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM
RE: Show us your Lincoln collectables! - Thomas Kearney - 08-19-2018 08:52 PM