Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended
01-19-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended
Thanks Gene, I truly appreciate it. By the way, the1950s called, and they want you to come back. Just remember, "Leave it to Beaver" is not real.Big Grin

Seriously, I guess I'm inured to cursing because every newsroom I ever worked in the language was as blue as the sky. I always thought it ironic that people who made their living with words only knew four-letter ones.

To me, the main issue is not the language he uses. It is not his job to set an example for his students. It is his job to teach them. I have news for you. Those students knew that language from a very early age. In loco Parentis is dead and long-buried and rightfully so.

The main issue stems from this seemingly never-ending battle between people who take COVID seriously and the selfish people who don't. I am fully vaccinated and have my booster and I still wear masks and take every precaution I can. I understand why this guy is so angry. We're talking about his life. He has every right to express himself this way.

By the way, I'll stipulate that saying something stupid can get you fired if you'll stipulate that the next time a right wing buffoon says something homophobic, racist, or misogynistic that he/she will be fired and no one will yell "cancel culture" or "woke." I won't hold my breath.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Professor Who Called Students ‘Vectors of Disease’ in Video Is Suspended - Rob Wick - 01-19-2022 05:48 PM