Original Lincoln Home Cottage to be Reconstructed
10-31-2021, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2021 03:34 AM by Anita.)
RE: Original Lincoln Home Cottage to be Reconstructed
Welcome Norman!

Like Eva, I too am surprised to learn that the 1200 sq.ft. Dresser Cottage is actually double that size. That's double the size of my 4 bedroom home in CA!

I read that the upstairs bedrooms were sleeping lofts. Does this mean low ceilings and the rest attic? Even so, the 1200 sq.ft. of living space in the 3 downstairs rooms is sizable indeed.

I too would like to see the Dresser cottage as it was when the Lincolns moved in, especially with simpler furnishings and more history of those early years. I believe it has educational merits as I posted earlier. BUT I just don't see a fit with the Lincoln Historic Home site for the myriad of issues presented here. Do you know if the replica plans include formal guided tours or self-directed? Would this make a difference to the costs?

Suggestion: Update the current models that show the changes to the Lincoln home over the years by using current technology. Perhaps an interactive display where visitors could push a button for a specific year and see the house and furnishings. Add another option to listen to a short description of the family at that point in time. Just an idea.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original Lincoln Home Cottage to be Reconstructed - Anita - 10-31-2021 08:28 PM