The Great Climate Migration Has Begun
08-01-2020, 10:51 AM
RE: The Great Climate Migration Has Begun
What would President Abraham Lincoln of the United States say to the world regarding climate change in his inaugural address on Wednesday, January 20, 2021?

To properly address this question, we must first ask how Lincoln would proceed if he were faced with this issue. Lincoln himself has provided the answer to this latter question. Lincoln opened his “House Divided” speech in 1858 with the following words: “If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could better judge what to do, and how to do it." (See post #27.)

I also noted in this same post: "This question assumes that President Abraham Lincoln would know the current facts regarding climate change as well as he did the facts on the issue of slavery in this nation in 1858."

The following is my post #21 regarding climate change facts:

For those interested in the facts of climate change that the population of the Earth now faces, please watch the last 30 minutes of a PBS NOVA program that aired locally (San Francisco) yesterday titled "Polar Extremes." Please begin at around the 1:25:38 mark. Pay special attention to the pictured graph at the 1:27:00 mark and note that the far right end of the graph is NOW.

Note: The 1:27:00 mark of the video graphically illustrates the answer to Lincoln's question of "where we are now," in relation to the last 800,000 years of Earth history regarding the content of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. See post #21 to access "Polar Extremes" PBS NOVA program.

As to Lincoln's question of "whither we are tending," I provided the answer in detailed graph form (thanks to the post of Gene requesting a more credible source of factual information than the New York Times). See post #25 to access hyperlink.

As a species, We the People are tending "up" as regarding carbon dioxide thrust into the atmosphere. And, that's a problem.

We the People of the Earth may have already passed the “Tipping Point on Climate Change,” or as I like to call it, “the Point of No Return.”

A vaccine is going to solve the world’s problem of the corona virus pandemic within a year from now.

The problem of Climate Change is “a different kettle of fish.” The problem of Climate Change can or cannot be solved.

The following is from my post #7:

“Researchers at M.I.T. and Princeton now consider a Category Six hurricane a realistic possibility.” Quote from article published in The New York Times Magazine titled “What’s Going on Inside the Fearsome Thunderstorms of Cordoba Province?” (July 22, 2020).

This weekend a Category One hurricane is supposed to hit the east coast of Florida and then travel up the East Coast of the United States.

The strength of a hurricane is a function of ocean warmth. M.I.T. and Princeton researchers now consider "a Category Six hurricane a realistic possibility.”

I wonder how much more damage a Category Six hurricane would do over a Category One hurricane. As a result of this weekend's weather, We the People of the World will have our baseline of fact.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Great Climate Migration Has Begun - David Lockmiller - 08-01-2020 10:51 AM