21-year-old who publicly dressed down Abraham Lincoln in 1864
12-12-2019, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2019 08:37 AM by Gene C.)
RE: 21-year-old who publicly dressed down Abraham Lincoln in 1864
(12-11-2019 10:44 PM)David Lockmiller Wrote:  I was going to make more of an effort to tweet my disgust with the characterization of President Lincoln. So, I went to the tweet thread and found the following posting regarding Anna Dickinson:

Daily Suffragist
@DailySuffragist

Dec 7
*Lastly, she died in obscurity.

She was an alcoholic, and may have struggled with mental illness. Her sister Susan, who had managed her career for years, had her committed at age 49. Anna found the headlines humiliating: "Anna Dickinson Insane" blared the NY papers.

Thanks David.

Makes me wonder why the Times would print the first article in "Your Morning Briefing" (post #1) to begin with.
The Times seems to show a lack of responsibility with "Freedom Of The Press".
Unfortunately, they are not alone.

"Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect." - Eleanor Roosevelt

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 21-year-old who publicly dressed down Abraham Lincoln in 1864 - Gene C - 12-12-2019 08:31 AM