Replica of Lincoln funeral train in Pennsylvania
04-01-2019, 02:59 PM
RE: Replica of Lincoln funeral train in Pennsylvania
Thanks again to Richard and Laurie:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you all know about the Stone Gables Estate in ELizabethtown, PA having bought the funeral car replica (and a beautiful (and working) facsimile period locomotive? They are selling tickets to either a quik walk-through of the car ($32/ $22 for seniors) or -- for $150 -- a "VIP" 15 min. visit into the car followed by a 1/2 mile ride in a restored period passenger car that's hitched to the funeral car and the locomotive. It's as close as one can get to "riding in the Lincoln funeral train." Go to the Stonegablesestate.com website for details. The quick walk-throughs will be given on both April 22 and 23rd. The quick walk-throughs end on the 23rd at 2 pm, at which time the "VIP" visits and rides begin. VIP ticket holders also attend a banquet dinner and meet and hear Fritz Klein. Please spread the word. I will be there on the 23rd but am not staying for the dinner. So will three other members of the LGNY. Special arrangements have to be made in advance for those taking an AMTRAK train to ELizabethtown, as there is no taxi service to and from the estate. (I have made my own arrangements for this, thanx to a friend with a car who is also attending the event.) The person to ask about getting a ride is Gail Shane at 1-941-920-2013. Tell her I gave you her number. You'll obviously want to talk to her before you buy your tickets on line. (You see, you'll have to select specific funeral car boarding times when you buy your online tickets.)

This is not recommended for people who would experience great difficulty climbing steep steps and pulling themselves up with the funeral car's handrails.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replica of Lincoln funeral train in Pennsylvania - RJNorton - 04-01-2019 02:59 PM