Retracing President Lincoln's NYC Funeral Procession
05-07-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Retracing President Lincoln's NYC Funeral Procession
Thanx to you all for the nice words about my Lincoln funeral walking tour. Sorry for the delay in writing, but I was so rundown fr. witnessing the April 14-15 events in DC that I was out of commission til just prior to giving the tour (and still coughing for yet another few days!). Now I am swamped with catching up. The turnout (about 26) for the tour was perfect. Weather perfect, as well. Having Reignette along was a bonus. She rattled off info about Brooks Bros. and Lincoln's coat for all of us, at my request. I have written an illustrated story about Brady's 359 Bway gallery for the next issue of Bob Zeller's Center for Civil War Photography's magazine. I was asked what's in the building now, but was deliberately reticent bec. I didn't want to spill the beans until Bob's next issue comes out. I hope interested parties will contact him for details on how to get the mag and perh. join his organization. Regardless, I'll be happy to fill you all in here after its publication! I was inspired to write the piece by anarticle Joan Chaconas had once written about Brady's D.C. gallery.
I'll next submit a post about the Julian diary, also long overdue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Retracing President Lincoln's NYC Funeral Procession - emma1231 - 05-07-2015 11:22 AM