"The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation"
03-16-2015, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 01:47 AM by My Name Is Kate.)
RE: "The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation"
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/29/2923986.html

Ferguson, MO is nearly 70% black, so it's not surprising that the majority of traffic tickets will be given to blacks. Why was that statistic left out of the article in the above link? Michael Brown and friends' idea of obeying traffic laws was that they could walk down the middle of the street with impunity (while holding in plain view the cigars Brown had just stolen from a store). Were they anomalies in their behavior, or typical?

All of the unarmed black men in the list in the above link were breaking the law. But the article only mentions that they were unarmed, with the implication that they were no threat to anyone. Maybe one or two weren't, but most were.

Ferguson police department is largely white, but the population is largely black. Why? Do blacks apply to become cops but are turned down, or do they not want to have anything to do with the police department? Let's have the facts.

I hate biased articles and news reporting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation" - My Name Is Kate - 03-16-2015 01:40 AM