Alias Paine - Second Edition is now Available
02-01-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: Alias Paine - Second Edition is now Available
Quote:I wonder if the Powell-Branson relationship weakens the idea that Powell was still on detached service from Mosby. Working with JWB,having lots of downtime to pursue the ladies might be more congenial than going around counting railroad trains and other mundane but tedious intelligence gathering activities.

Tom -

I doubt seriously that having a sweetheart in Baltimore affected his detached service with Mosby. More or less, it probably enhanced his duty in Baltimore. Powell was not at the Branson house that much in 1865. He was there from January to March when he was arrested; but still found time to visit the Surratt House twice as well as working with David Preston Parr and Surratt.

Quote:Will the speaking engagement at the Seward Museum be open to the public? The in-laws are not far in Syracuse. I'd love to make the trip out to Auburn!

Daniel -

The talk with certainly be open to the public. We're putting together info now - I'll let ya'll know when it all comes together. Thanks!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alias Paine - Second Edition is now Available - BettyO - 02-01-2015 03:26 PM