Georgia - 1 of 6 States to Determine Outcome of Presidential Election
08-24-2024, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2024 12:01 PM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: Georgia - 1 of 6 States to Determine Outcome of Presidential Election
Presidential Democrat candidate Kamala Harris just gave an acceptance speech for her party's nomination. In that speech, she announced that her policy as President of the United States will be to continue without any change the policy of President Biden regarding the arms shipments to Israel to conduct their "defensive" war against Hamas and the people of Gaza, including the shipment of two thousand pound bombs.

Furthermore, no speaker was permitted at the Democrat Party convention to speak about the ongoing war against the innocent Palestinian women, children, and men "living" in Gaza. Last week, it was reported that 330 Israeli soldiers have been killed in combat since October 7, 2023. The number of Palestinians killed in that same period of time is over 40,000 (not including those Palestinians killed and not counted because their bodies remain unrecovered under the rubble of their former homes). And, there are also issues of the increasing numbers of severely wounded with little or no medical care available, the ongoing terror of living in a combat zone, starvation of the population, communicable disease outbreaks, etc.

I am against our present government policy regarding the war in Gaza. I will not be voting for Kamala Harris to be the next President of the United States.

My vote does not matter. I live in California. As I said in a previous post on this thread: "You can be sure that the presidential candidates of both major parties would be in California seeking votes if all of the 54 electoral votes of the 270 necessary to win the national presidential election were up for grabs, based upon the proportionality of the California vote total for president by each candidate."

Michigan has 15 electoral votes. The Kamala Harris speech may make a difference in the outcome of the Michigan electoral vote. But it will not make any difference in the California electoral vote outcome. All 54 of the California electoral votes will go to Kamala Harris.

Had my proposed change been in place regarding the allocation of the California electoral vote (and, in all other states), it may have had a determining affect on the outcome of the presidential election this year.

Of course, this same principled argument of "one man or woman and one important vote" would apply to any important political issue: abortion rights, increased taxation of the billionaires, etc.

The continuance of the overwhelming importance of a small number of "battleground" states should not continue in this democracy. Every state, in every presidential election year, should be a "battleground" state. Every member of Congress lives in a "battleground" state regarding their own reelection. The same "voting" principle should be even more important regarding the election of the President of the United States.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Georgia - 1 of 6 States to Determine Outcome of Presidential Election - David Lockmiller - 08-24-2024 11:45 AM