Georgia - 1 of 6 States to Determine Outcome of Presidential Election
08-23-2024, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2024 11:28 AM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: Georgia - 1 of 6 States to Determine Outcome of Presidential Election
California has 54 total electoral votes (2 senators and 52 members of the House of Representatives) --- the most of any state.

You can be sure that the presidential candidates of both major parties would be in California seeking votes if all of the 54 electoral votes of the 270 necessary to win the national presidential election were up for grabs, based upon the proportionality of the California vote total for president by each candidate.

As the national election rules now stand, all of a state's electoral votes go to the candidate winning the majority of total presidential votes cast in the individual state.

My question: Why should 6 states determine a national presidential election?

That would not be a problem if my proposal for change in the electoral process were to be accepted as new election law.

(08-23-2024 11:09 AM)Rob Wick Wrote:  
Quote:What would President Lincoln have said on this question regarding the existential meaning for democracy?

Umm, David, you might want to familiarize yourself with a series of books entitled The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln. In there, you can find the answer to your, er, question. To make it even easier, try this website.

Best
Rob

Rob, what term(s) might you suggest that I put in the search box?

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Georgia - 1 of 6 States to Determine Outcome of Presidential Election - David Lockmiller - 08-23-2024 11:20 AM