150th Anniversary of Lincoln Conspiracy Trial - Fort McNair
05-12-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: 150th Anniversary of Lincoln Conspiracy Trial - Fort McNair
Hi all: As you know, laying out the grounds outside of Grant Hall has been a personal dream of mine for some time. After so many years of having all these measurements and pictures in my head and on scraps of paper, I wanted to finally see them in their original locations at Ft. McNair. I was honored that the folks there believed in me enough to trust that I would place them correctly. With John's help, I believe we did.
My first tour of the day on Saturday was made to be even more enjoyable because Scott joined me and he was able to fill in a few of the historical gaps that I do not specialize in. It was good seeing you again my friend and thank you for all your encouragement and help on that day (and your kind words here too).
I am currently preparing a plan of the layouts for the folks at Ft. McNair so they can recreate them again down the road. When ready, I'll be happy to share it with you folks as well.
Everyone have a great day and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Barry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150th Anniversary of Lincoln Conspiracy Trial - Fort McNair - barryssentials - 05-12-2015 11:51 AM