U.S. Grant from April 15 -26, 1865
11-19-2014, 02:16 PM
U.S. Grant from April 15 -26, 1865
Where's Kees when I need him?

I've been on bed rest at home for five days, and boy, is that boring!! It has given me plenty of time to think of history things, however. One question that has popped into my head is:

WHAT WAS GEN. GRANT DOING FROM THE TIME HE ARRIVED BACK IN D.C. AFTER THE ASSASSINATION UNTIL BOOTH WAS CAPTURED AND KILLED?

Maybe I missed a chapter or two along the way, but the next mention I have seen about him related to the assassination is when he appeared at the beginning of the trial. Any record to show that he participated in directing the search for Booth and others?

I have the impression that that aspect was handled by Stanton's people and those in charge of the Military Districts of D.C. and Maryland. Was the General allowed to go back to New Jersey to be with his wife and children?

I have said before on this forum that I am an admirer of Grant, but I have never read a complete biography on him -- and have absolutely no intentions of doing so! Y'all will have to edumacate me in an abbreviated manner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
U.S. Grant from April 15 -26, 1865 - L Verge - 11-19-2014 02:16 PM